Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine yeast, sugar, and water in a 4-cup measuring cup and whisk to combine. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Place flours and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Run machine on low until ingredients are just combined, then increase speed medium for 3 to 4 minutes, until dough has come together in a large ball.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rise for one hour.
- Use right away or place in a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To defrost, place in the refrigerator overnight and allow to come to room temperature before using.