There’s no law that says a salad must have lettuce. This mixture of pantry staples is a high-protein alternative to the typical chopped salad, and it lasts much longer in the fridge so it’s perfect for meal prep. It also has 8 grams of hunger-fighting fiber per serving – that’s 1/3 of the daily requirement. Swap cherry tomatoes in for bell pepper if they’re in season. This is one of my top 10 favorite recipes from the Healthy, Quick + Easy College Cookbook!
No-Lettuce Chopped Salad
- 15 oz canned chickpeas rinsed + drained
- 2 medium red bell peppers seeded + roughly chopped
- 6 oz canned black olives drained
- 1 English Cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine chickpeas, bell pepper, olives and cucumber in a large bowl. Pour in dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.