Not only is watermelon super hydrating, it’s rich in lycopene – that beautiful red antioxidant that promotes healthy skin and blood pressure. Serve with chips or atop tacos and quesadillas. One of my favorite recipes from The Healthy, Quick & Easy College Cookbook. Cut the watermelon and cucumber into evenly sized pieces to ensure you get both in every bite.
- 3 cups finely diced seedless watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno stemmed, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 lime juice + zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp kosher
- In a medium bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumber, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, and kosher salt. Toss well to combine.
- Serve promptly or store in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
- This recipe is best enjoyed the same day it's prepared.