This popular pub food can be made in a healthier fashion. Pile on the cauliflower, sprinkle with a sensible amount of flavorful cheese and get the skin nice and crispy skin in the air fryer. New to air frying? Check out my exclusive list of Air Frying Essentials featured on Healthline.
Air Fryer Cauliflower and Cheddar Potato Skins
- Air Fryer
- 4 medium russet potatoes scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F
- Spray the fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and place 2 whole potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook until tender, about 20 minutes; repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out some of the flesh.
- Brush the insides of the potato skins with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each potato skin with 2 tbsp of cauliflower and 1 tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Place four pieces in the fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes. Repeat with remaining 4 pieces.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.