Post-workout recovery requires protein for fatigued muscles, healthy carbs to refill energy reserves and vegetables (or fruit) to fight inflammation – and you can roll it all into a burrito!
This recipe can be tweaked 100 different ways using whatever cheese and veggies you have on hand. Mix it up!
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetables suggestions: kale, spinach, chopped peppers, diced cooked potato or sweet potato
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray with nonstick spray and add eggs to the pan, cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip over.
- Add vegetables and cheese to the pan and cook until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface and place egg + veg mixture in the center.
- Fold in the sides and then roll up.
- Cut in half and serve immediately or wrap in foil to take on the go.