Inspired by Skinnytaste and my beloved QU co-worker Jen Mead, I’ve been spending lots of time tweaking this fun bagel recipe to my liking – a gluten free version included! They are perfect for breakfast, sandwiches and along with soup and chili –dipping encouraged!
Higher Protein Greek Yogurt Bagels
- 2 cups all purpose flour or GF baking mix Bob’s Red Mill recommended
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
- Everything Bagel Seasoning or Pretzel Salt optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add yogurt and stir with a spatula until a loose dough begins to form.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead the dough until it comes together.
- Divide dough into half, fourths and then into eight evenly sizes pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and gently press to flatten.
- Cut a whole in the center using small ring mold or butter knife (or just press through with your fingers).
- Place bagels on the prepared baking sheet, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning, if using.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
- Slice, toast and top as desired. Store for up to 3 days at room temperature (5 days in the fridge) or in the freezer for up to 3 months.