An amazing snack for any seasonal fruit! Fruit Leather – kids and adults LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe.
Mango Fruit Leather
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat and set aside.
- Place mango, lime, sugar, and agave in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, then puree using an immersion blender.*
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy; the mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour the hot fruit mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly into approximately an 8 × 12 inch rectangle.
- Place in the oven and bake for 3 1/2 hours.
- Turn off the oven and allow to sit overnight.
- Cut into strips with a pizza cutter; roll up in a clean piece of parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.