One-Pot Lemony Caprese Linguine from my new cookbook – Healthy One Pan Dinners. You won’t believe this recipe until you try it for yourself. A one-and-done pasta dish with all the fresh flavors of summer. It’s a little-known fact that fresh mozzarella adds plenty of protein. Linguine fini is a thinner cut of linguine. You can also use regular linguine or spaghetti, but you will need to adjust the cook time according to package directions.
One-Pot Lemony Caprese Linguine
- 12 ounces linguine fini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ lemon sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 cup basil leaves chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella diced
- Red pepper flakes to serve optional
- Place pasta, olive oil, salt, lemon and garlic in a large (5 ½ to 7 ¼-quart).
- Dutch oven, cover with 4 ¼ cups of water.
- Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the pasta beings to soften, stir frequently for 8 to 10 minutes until the pasta is al dente and the liquid is absorbed.
- Top with tomato, basil, Parmesan and mozzarella. Serve immediately with red pepper flakes, if desired