My go-to dinner when I’ve got all kinds of leftovers on hand! A perfect dish for a fridge or freezer clean-out.
Kitchen Sink Fried Rice
- Cast Iron Skillet (optional)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 8 oz cooked protein such as tofu, shrimp, chicken, pork or beef
- 3 cups fresh vegetables (chopped or sliced) such as broccoli, peppers, carrots, green beans, mushrooms
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- In a small bowl, whisk sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over high heat. Add the eggs and gently scramble; remove from pan and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stovetop. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil, add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, then add protein and vegetables, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add the sauce and cook for 2 minutes more or until the vegetables reach desired doneness. Add the rice and cooked egg. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until all ingredients are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with cashews and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.