These pizza pockets are always a crowd pleaser! Experiment with different fillings and get the kiddos in the kitchen to help with the prep work. Try a veggie version for Meatless Monday.
- 16 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 cups chopped vegetables such as broccoli, kale, mushrooms, bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Light ranch dressing and marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 500-degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 8, 2-oz pieces of dough into small circles.
- Place a small mound of shredded cheese and vegetables in the center of each piece of dough.
- Gently fold over the filling, creating a pocket and crimp the edges closed using a fork.
- Using a paring knife, poke 2 small holes in the top of the pocket to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- Brush each pocket with oil and bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown; allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve with dressing and sauce for dipping.