- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1 tsp honey or granulated sugar
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine 2 cups of warm water with yeast and honey (or sugar), whisk gently and set aside for 15 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, turn on and mix the flour and salt.
- With the machine running on low add yeast mixture and olive oil. Turn speed to medium and continue to mixture until dough comes together in a ball, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off machine and place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Using a paper towel rub a few tsp of olive oil grease the sheet pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and transfer to the prepared sheet pan. Press the dough to the edges of the pan until it stretches across the entire pan.
- Top dough with sauce, followed by cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, stopping half way through to turn the pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- To store wrap in parchment paper and place in a resealable bag. Refrigerate or up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.