From latte to refresher 🙂 these naturally energizing beverages will give your senses a boost – caffeine free!
These recipes are proof that simple ingredients can turn into something jaw-droppingly gorgeous and delicious in minutes! Dragon fruit is one of my most-used smoothie ingredients – it immediately elevates any recipe with it’s tangy flavor, boost of vitamin C, and spectacular color. I like to use frozen dragon fruit cubes from Sambazon, but you can also find other brand packets of dragon fruit puree. The frozen dragon fruit thaws VERY quickly, especially once you add other ingredients.
First up is this cozy latte – for those who insist on enjoying a warm beverage in the morning or for an afternoon pick-me-up. This Zulay milk frother is totally worth the $20 on amazon (#affiliatelink).
Dragon Fruit Latte
- Milk frother
- 3 tbsp thawed frozen dragon fruit
- 2 tsp agave
- 8 fl oz milk of choice
- Place thawed dragon fruit and agave in a large mug and stir to combine.
- Place milk in a microwave safe container and heat until steaming, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a milk frother, mix the milk until frothy and then gently pour over the dragon fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
I watch my kids (and friends) spend WAYYYY too much money on those fancy “refresher” drinks. They’re also jammed packed with sugar and caffeine. Here is my spin without all the additives … but feel free to add some tequila when feeling festive. I opt for lime seltzer most days but tonic water or sparkling grapefruit also works nicely.
Dragon Fruit “Refresher”
- 3 tbsp thawed dragon fruit
- 2 tsp agave
- 1 slice fresh lime plus additional slice for garnish
- 3 mint leaves optional
- 8 fl oz sparkling water or tonic
- Place dragon fruit, agave, lime and mint leaves (if using) in a tall glass.
- Use a spoon to muddle the ingredients.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour in the sparkling water. Stir gently.
- Garnish with additional lime slice and serve.