This hash will top any diner version you’ve tried. Made with nutrient-rich sweet potatoes and some heat from fresh jalapeno pepper.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato & Jalapeno Potato Hash
- Air Fryer
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ small red onion cut into large chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and sliced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F
- Cook the sweet potatoes on high in the microwave until softened but not completely cooked (3-4 min); set aside to cool for 10 min.
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes, then cut into large chunks.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, onion, peppers, salt, pepper and olive oil; toss gently to combine.
- Spray the fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray, then pour mixture into the basket and cook for 8 minutes.
- Pause the machine, shake the basket and cook for 8 minutes more.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve topped with a cooked egg, if desired.