Meet Green Sauce. A personal obsession. It’s a salad dressing, dipping sauce, sandwich spread, or medium with which you smother anything and immediately like it more. Inspired by a local Venezuelan restaurant in Norwalk, CT. I had to come up with a similar recipe as I can’t make it there as often as I would like (ehem, every day) …..and don’t worry, it’s super easy to make.
Shortly after tasting it, you’ll be putting it on EVERYTHING. You’re welcome.
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ white onion
- 1 cup water
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- If mixture appears too thick, add a little more water.