Favorite 3-Bean Chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast or extra lean ground beef
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely diced (optional)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 fl oz dark beer Guinness recommended
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Suggested garnishes: Greek yogurt or sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, chopped scallion, diced avocado, hot sauce
- Combine spice mix ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add meat and cook until browned.
- Add onion, peppers, celery and garlic; season with salt and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, beer, crushed and diced tomatoes.
- Add spice mix and stir well to combine.
- Stir in beans and corn, bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.