Shockingly smooth, creamy, and easy to make. Truly delicious risotto with your Instant Pot doing all the work.
Instant Pot Risotto Bar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups Arborio rice
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 3.5 cups low sodium or homemade chicken stock
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Topping suggests: spinach sun-dried tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, roasted veggies
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Heat oil and butter, add onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until onions are softened and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and toss to coat in the oil. Turn off the heat and add wine to deglaze the pot.
- Stir in the chicken stock. Cover and lock the lid, set the valve to the sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook (high) for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in ½ cup of the cheese and desired toppings. Serve hot.