Shockingly smooth, creamy, and easy to make. Truly delicious risotto with your Instant Pot doing all the work. This is slightly modified from the Mushroom Risotto Recipe from the Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook.
Instant Pot Risotto Bar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups Arborio rice
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 3.5 cups low sodium or homemade chicken stock
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Topping suggests: spinach sun-dried tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, roasted veggies
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Heat oil and butter, add onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until onions are softened and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and toss to coat in the oil. Turn off the heat and add wine to deglaze the pot.
- Stir in the chicken stock. Cover and lock the lid, set the valve to the sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook (high) for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in ½ cup of the cheese and desired toppings. Serve hot.