An icy, fruit-based treat from DASH Diet Meal Prep for Beginners is the ultimate refresher on a hot day. Pass on sugary Italian ice and make this fruit-forward version instead. If you like a hint of mint, add some fresh mint leaves to the sugar syrup.
Honeydew Melon Granita
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1/2 lemon
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat until sugar is melted. Set aside to cool. Place sugar syrup, melon and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow dish and carefully transfer to the freezer.
- Once the mixture begins to freeze, scrape with a fork to create ice crystals every 30 minutes until mixture is completely frozen. To serve, spoon into cups.
- Store in the freezer for up to 5 days.