This burger is my ode to QU adorned with flavorful blue and gold toppings! Lean ground beef, whole grain rolls and low lactose cheese makes for a healthier burger that any college student can enjoy. Hope you enjoy this sneak peak at the Healthy, Quick & Easy College Cookbook. GO BOBCATS!
- 1 lb 90% ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 whole grain rolls
- Blue potato chips such as Terra Blues
- 1/3 cup pickled banana peppers
- Form ground beef into 4 equal-size patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side, add cheese and cook for an additional minute to melt.
- Transfer burgers to rolls and top with chips and banana peppers. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Make these burgers ahead and reheat to melt the cheese. They will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.