This once mysterious rainforest berry can now be found in your local grocery store. Acai boasts potassium for muscles, fiber for gut health, as well as powerful antioxidants to protect cells and fight inflammation. The best part – freezer packs of frozen purees makes it extra convenient to add to smoothie bowls. The secret to the perfect acai bowl is the right combo of fruit to liquid – plus a little yogurt for the smoothest consistency. In need of a blender? The Ninja SS101 is hands down the best for smoothie bowl making, but any high speed blender will work.
Tropical Acai Bowl
- 4 tbsp coconut water unsweetened
- 2 tbsp nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 3.5 oz pack frozen Acai puree
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks
- Suggested toppings: granola, berries, nuts, carob chips, coconut chips, chia seeds, orange slices, kiwi, chocolate chips
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape ingredients down with a spatula, if needed. Add additional coconut water one tablespoon at a time if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl and top as desired.