Ramen has come a long way – you can make a flavorful and nutrient rich broth in minutes using the Instant Pot. Serve with a sprinkle of MSG for even more umami flavor – get slurping.
Spicy Instant Pot Ramen
- Instant Pot
- 8 cups water
- 1- inch piece peeled ginger
- 2 pieces kombu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 tsp Sriracha plus more for serving
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 10 oz dried ramen noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken or tofu
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3 cups baby spinach
- MSG for serving
- Pour water into inner pot, followed by ginger, kombu and garlic.
- Cover and lock the lid, set the valve to the sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook (high) for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Using a slotted spoon or small sieve remove the kombu and any other remnants of ginger and garlic.
- Whisk in miso, soy sauce and sriracha; add mushrooms.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode (high) and bring the broth to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Using tongs, place noodles and mushrooms into bowls with cooked chicken or tofu, carrots and spinach and ladle in broth.
- Serve with additional sriracha and a sprinkle of MSG, if desired.