Mediterranean Farro Salad
- 1.5 cups dry farro
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced Spanish olives
- ½ cup canned cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Add Farro to water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain, transfer to a large bowl and season with extra virgin olive oil, additional teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Mix well and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cool, add olives, beans, tomatoes, feta, basil and vinaigrette.
- Toss well to combine.