This quick and easy soup has a symphony of exotic flavors that come together in minutes. The secret ingredients are almond butter and a protein boost from quick-cooking shrimp!
Instant Pot Curry Shrimp Chowder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp mined ginger
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock homemade or low-sodium
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 12 oz large uncooked shrimp – peeled deveined and tails removed
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Select Sauté and add the olive oil to the inner pot.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, salt and curry powder, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock, and almond butter. Whisk until the ingredients are combined.
- Cover, lock the lid and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (High) and set the cook time for 5 minutes. When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid, add the shrimp and edamame. Mix well. Select sauté and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque, and then stir in the spinach.
- Ladle chowder into bowls and top with chopped scallions. Serve hot.