Nachos for dinner? Absolutely! You can enjoy this famously high-calorie food in a more sensible fashion. Whole grain chips are piled high with ingredients that boost the protein, fiber, and antioxidants in this vegetarian recipe.
Excerpted from Healthy One Pan Dinners reprinted by permission of Alpha, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2020 by Dana Angelo White
Healthy Dinner Nachos
- Sheet Pan
- 1 10 oz bag whole grain tortilla chips
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the tortilla chips on a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Top the chips with black beans, red onion, and zucchini and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with cherry tomatoes, radish, carrots, avocado, cilantro and dollops of Greek yogurt. Serve warm with lime wedges.