Most of the time, simple is best! This recipe is a favorite for kids of all ages. As children grow older, modify the recipe by adding cinnamon or even a few strawberries to the mix. If you don’t have a food mill you can use a blender or for a chunkier applesauce – a potato masher. Enjoy this recipe from First Bites: Superfoods for Babies and Toddlers.
- food mill, blender or potato masher
- 3 pounds apples (gala or mcintosh varieties recommended) peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat until apples are tender.
- Turn off heat.
- Gently spoon cooked apples into a food mill (or blender).
- Allow to cool and store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.