Sweet Potato & Bacon Soup
- 4 slices bacon roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 medium baked sweet potatoes skin removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 quart chicken or turkey stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Cook bacon in a large soup pot until crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Add onions to pot, season with salt and pepper, and sauté over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and stock and stir to combine; bring to a simmer.
- Once bubbling, stir in cream and puree soup using an immersion blender.
- Serve topped with reserved bacon and chopped chives.