These versatile pumpkin muffins work for breakfast, school lunches, bake sales, and even dessert. They are probably one of the most popular recipes I’ve ever made – everyone loves them.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, egg, canola oil, applesauce, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and mix until just combined; fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup with ¼ cup of batter.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Top with a few additional chocolate chips per muffin, then allow to cool.