Peanut butter for dinner! This Asian-inspired noodle dish is high in protein and healthy fats. Kids just can’t get enough of it. The leftover sauce makes a tasty dipping sauce for chicken or veggie sticks.
Peanut Butter Spaghetti
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Shredded carrots and thinly sliced cucumber for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1⁄4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Add garlic to food processor and pulse to finely chop.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, canola and sesame oils; pulse until smooth.
- With the machine running, add reserved cooking liquid through the feed tube.
- Toss 1⁄2 cup of prepared sauce with cooked pasta.
- Serve with carrots and cucumbers on top or on the side.