Farro is an ancient grain with a beautifully nutty flavor and chewy texture. The flavors of the Mediterranean are known to promote heart health and weight loss. Here they are wrapped up in a delicious salad.
Get more INSTANT POT RECIPES in the soon-to-be-released
Instant Pot Recipe: Mediterranean Farro Salad
- 2 cups whole grain farro
- 2 cups water
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 15ozcan cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Stir farro, water and 1 tsp salt in the inner pot.
- Cover and lock the lid in place. Set to pressure cook (high) for 25 minutes. Use quick release method and remove lid.
- Pour into a colander to rinse and drain then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remained ¼ tsp salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar, beans, sun dried tomato, onion, feta, olives and spinach to the bowl and toss gently.
- Serve at room temperature and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.