This salad is crazy. A crazy bunch of ingredients that seem random but when tossed together just work – and work so good it’s crazy! You can add a cooked grain like quinoa, farro, rice or even pasta. I love it alone as a simple side dish to chicken, fish or tofu. It’s gets better the longer it sits so try to make a few hours or even a day ahead of time.
Crazy Good Bean Salad
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
For the Salad:
- 1 can 15 oz black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can 15 oz chickpeas beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup fresh/frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley or basil or both!
- In the bottom of a large bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.