Chimichurri is a popular herb-based condiment with Argentinian roots. This version was inspired by last week’s CSA – most of the ingredients came right from the box and into the food processor. Serve as a dipping sauce or marinade for any type of grilled protein or vegetables. As one of my friends put it, it’s “eyes rolling back in my head good.”
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch arugula about 2 cups
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 green onion white and green parts
- 1 small jalapeno pepper cut in half
- 2 limes Zest and juice
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place garlic in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add arugula, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, lime, salt and vinegar and process again until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in olive oil.
- Allow to sit for at least one hour for flavors to marry. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.