Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer
- 4 pieces part-skim mozzarella sticks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- Place the flour, egg and mixed breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Cut the cheese sticks in half then dredge pieces in the flour, then egg, and finally the breadcrumbs; set pieces aside. When all pieces have been coated, place on a plate and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F. Open the air fryer and place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the basket. Place the mozzarella sticks on top.
- Cookfor 5 to 6 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove from basket and set aside. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Excerpted from Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook reprinted by permission of Alpha, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2017 by Dana Angelo White