1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup chopped red onion
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
½ cup chopped celery
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 clove minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ cup vegetable broth or water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup dark beer
2, 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1, 15 oz can tomato sauce
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons chili powder
½ teaspoon celery salt
2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1, 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1, 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
¾ cup frozen corn kernels
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
Suggested garnishes: Low fat Greek yogurt, crushed tortilla chips, chopped scallion, diced avocado, hot sauce
1. Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion, peppers and celery for 3-5 minutes until tender, season with salt.
3. Add garlic and cumin, cook for 1 minute – stirring gently to toast cumin.
4. Stir in vegetable broth, Worcestershire, beer, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
5. Add cayenne, chili powder, celery salt and tarragon.
6. Stir in beans – taste to adjust seasoning (add more salt or chili powder, if desired).
7. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add corn and sweet potato, cook for an additional 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories: 312; Total Fat: 4 g; Saturated Fat: 0.5 g; Carbohydrate: 56 g; Protein: 14 g; Fiber: 15g
Note: This chili freezes beautifullyPrint This Post