My kids are big fans of snack time staples like Goldfish and pretzels but I like to keep things interesting (and of course, healthy).
Satisfying snacks have a combo of healthy carbs for immediate energy, plus protein and/or fiber to keep little fingers from endlessly shoveling. Here are my top 10 ideas.
- Mini muffins – make ahead and keep in the freezer
- Fruit skewers – choose high fiber fruits like pears, strawberries, bananas, oranges, raspberries
- Cheese & whole grain crackers – I like Baby Bell or Trader Joe’s string cheese
- Peanut butter (or soynut butter) with sliced apple
- Greek yogurt and granola
- Hummus and carrot sticks
- Homemade fruit leather (pictured above)
- Cherry tomatoes + dressing for dipping
- Homemade granola bars
What’s your go-to afternoon snack?