These easy tacos use a combo of lean beef and black beans for plenty of protein and a boost of fiber. Beans are also super affordable so their addition allows you to get more servings of tacos with 1 pound of meat.
Beef and Black Bean Tacos
These easy tacos use a combo of lean beef and black beans for plenty of protein and a boost of fiber.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 6-inch Flour or Corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: Salsa, shredded cheese, shredded carrots, diced avocado, hot sauce, greens
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef, season with salt, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add taco seasoning and water and continue to cook, stirring frequently until meat is cooked through.
- Add beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes to warm beans.
- Serve beef mixture in warm corn tortillas with desired toppings.
*If you don’t have taco seasoning, use a combo of (2 tsp each) chili powder and ground cumin – add in some smoked paprika for some extra smoky sweetness.
Serving: 2tacosCalories: 455kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 30gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 555mgFiber: 6gSugar: 2g