Roasted Eggplant Spread
- 2 large eggplant peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper cut in half optional
- ½ red onion roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large sheet pan, combine eggplant, garlic, peppers and onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and thyme; season with salt, pepper and toss gently.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, turning once until vegetables are slightly golden and tender- set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer eggplant mixture to a food processor fitted with a steel blade; add herbs, honey and lemon juice.
- Pulse until just combined.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serve with whole wheat pita chips and cucumber slices for dipping or spread on baguette, crackers and sandwiches.
Calories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1gFat: 3.5gSaturated Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 120mgFiber: 3g