A staple salad from the DASH Diet Cookbook for Beginners.
Unlike most salads, this healthy meal prep recipe will last in the fridge for a few days. In addition to uber nutritious cabbage, a few extra ingredients contribute even more antioxidants, fiber and of course, flavor. Take some help from the store and buy “coleslaw mix” without dressing which is shredded cabbage and carrots.
DASH Diet Meal Prep: Rainbow Slaw
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp celery salt
- 14 oz coleslaw mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, rice vinegar and celery salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the coleslaw mix, tomatoes, pepper, onion and parsley. Gently toss until the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.