Bean salad meets salsa in this easy and affordable plant-based recipe.
Can’t say I’m upset that this tasty recipe is getting a revival on social media. So easy, delicious and actually so good for you.
This tasty hybrid of a bean salad and dip is loaded with plant-based protein and tons of inflammation-fighting antioxidants. Mix things up by adding various combos of fresh herbs, veggies, fruit or diced avocado. Tortilla chips work nicely but so do pita chips and lettuce cups. If you don’t have Tajin, use taco seasoning!
I recently learned from an article in the New York times “Texas Caviar” or “Cowboy Caviar” was originally created by a dietitian back in the 1930s – MIND BLOWN. Here is the version we have been making a ton of in my house lately.
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black eyes peas rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 10 oz bag frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp Tajin seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.