Angelo Family French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup lowfat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more to taste
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 100% maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh seasonal fruit
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in skillet. Dip 2 slices of bread into milk mixture, making sure both sides are well coated.
- Place bread in skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown (sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired).
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Transfer to a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Top with maple syrup and fruit.
Serving: 2slicesCalories: 414kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 15gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 473mgFiber: 5g