One of the best desserts on the planet. Make a batch of fresh shortcake in the air fryer and pile on the berries.
Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake
One of the best desserts on the planet! Make a batch of fresh shortcake in the air fryer and pile on the berries.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter diced
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- Whipped cream for serving
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl; mix and set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 300°F and spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and in a bowl; add butter and using clean hands or a pastry cutter mix, break butter into small pieces.
- Slowly pour in buttermilk and mix until dough comes together; it will be sticky!
- Transfer to prepared baking pan; spread out and press down in an even layer.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then serve with strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Excerpted from Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook reprinted by permission of Alpha, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2017 by Dana Angelo White
Serving: 0.25cakeCalories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 5gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 371mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7g