Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 16 large muffins or 48 mini muffins
¾ cup maple syrup
¼ cup honey
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup apple butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened soymilk
1 cup unbleached organic all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, combine maple syrup, honey, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, canola oil, apple butter, vanilla and soymilk. Heat over low heat for 2-3 minutes; whisk to combine- set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, sift flours, baking soda and salt.
4. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Make sure batter has cooled, then stir in half of the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop batter into muffin tins, sprinkle additional choc chips on top of each muffin.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center.
Nutrition Info (1 large muffin):
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Print This Page